Java and Spring
What is Spring?
- Spring Framework is the most popular application development framework of Java.
- Spring Boot helps to create a stand-alone application with less configuration.
- Spring MVC is a model view controller-based web framework under the Spring framework.
- ThymeLeaf is a server-side Java template engine, support HTML5 JVM web development, and provides full integration with Spring Framework.
What should Java Developers learn?
- Development DevOps. Java programmers should have a passion for managing the environment and learning automation. Maven or Gradle.
- Git/GitHub. Learning to master managing change, branches, pull requests.
- Java 9-15. Jigsaw, Reactive Streams, Process API, HTTP2 client, JShell, ...
- Spring Framework. Reactive programming model on Spring 5, adoption of recent Java features, unit testing
- REST services using Spring. Mastering creating and consuming RESTful APIs
- Microservices are nothing but an extension of RESTful Web services with the main objective being to break up your code into small, distributed, and independent services.
- Deployment Devops. Things like Docker and Kubernetes. Understanding Nginix and other tools for managing servers, configuration, and scale.